Thursday, May 7, 2009

A day that got better with bling

Oh what a crappy day. I met with my postgrad coordinator this morning and her comments could be summarized in three words: "suck it up". After the meeting, I got huge sympathy from fellow students but unfortunately that's not going to change any of my supervisory issues. I came home frustrated and defeated but tried to rally by doing a "letting go of your thoughts" meditation from yogadownload.com, then picked Gus up from school. We ordered pizza from Crust and I'm not even going to mention how many slices I had. Let's just say it was too many.


But then Vic came home, and when he found out what a lousy day I had, he whipped out this ring he had been saving to give me (on behalf of Gus) for mother's day. How sweet is he! Not only is it absolutely beautiful, but it's nested in chocolate. mmmm.


p.s. In trying to find a solution to my PhD problems, I found this site that said (among other things) these three very wise and pertinent things about doing a PhD:
  1. Do not expect to enjoy doing a PhD.
  2. Do expect to go mad.
  3. If all else fails, eat chocolate.
Done and done (especially #3 and a little bit of #1 and #2)!

4 comments:

Family Oz Blog said...

That is so sweet. And the pizza looked yummy.

Michelle said...

Aw! That's so sweet of Vic and Gus! Happy Mother's Day!

Neil said...

Two things: 1-Sorry to hear about the academic woes; and 2-That looks like an amazing pizza.

Dana said...

Not only does it look good, but the pizza from Crust is delicious. They make some of the best pizza I've ever had.

I know, right - it was such a sweet gesture by vic and gus. It completely turned my day around.