Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's hot

A new bikram (hot) yoga studio opened in our suburb. To lure people in, they're giving out 'all the classes you can do' in 10 days for $20 bucks. I jumped on it. For the past few years, I've been regularly doing 20-30 minute yoga sessions, thanks to the convenience of yogadownload.com, but I've been missing the benefits of a full-on full-length class. I paid my $20 on Saturday and I've done three 1.5hr classes so far. Right now everything hurts, but I'm absolutely loving these classes. Our suburb is known more for its big, tattooed surfers than for its new-age yoga folk and sure enough the classes include at least a few of these tattooed dudes. It's kind of funny to watch them try to twist themselves into pretzels. Finally, I am in my element (unlike at the beach where - like a dog with a bone - I've been trying to figure out how to surf on and off for the past few months...so far without much luck).

No comments: