Sunday, July 11, 2010

Floundering

Last week was the first week of Gus' 2-week school holiday. As I usually do during school holidays, I mixed it up with some Gus-Dana time and some vacation care for Gus so that I could get some work done on my thesis. Except that inevitably, because the time spent on my thesis was in small bits and pieces throughout the week, I ended up getting very little done and feeling really crappy about it by the end of the week. So mentally, that's where I'm at.

There were a couple of highlights though. Yesterday we went for a walk along the coast from Clovelly to Bronte (part of the coastal walkway we hadn't yet explored). Beautiful!

We also booked our flights to Bali for a trip we're planning for the next school holiday (in early Oct). BALI!!!! I'm so incredibly excited. The only problem is that we're going for 12 nights and it seems that that is not going to be nearly enough time for everything we want to do or see. We're trying to fit in spa time, shopping, an elephant sanctuary, a monkey forest, a hindu temple or two and some wicked snorkelling. I CAN"T WAIT!!

Views from our coastal walk to Bronte.

King of the world.

A stop for smoothies in Bronte...

...and to let our puppy have a run.

Mountain goats.

No comments: