After spending our Saturday looking at apartments in our area, we saw one place that we were all quite happy with. It's very close to Gus' school, still close to the beach, a wee bit bigger than our current place, and plenty of storage space for camping equipment, my bike and other assorted things we've picked up over the past year.
We're moving in over the weekend, and I can't wait. I've been feeling completely overwhelmed over the past week trying to get everything ready for the move (disconnecting/connecting utilities, changing addresses, packing, dealing with old and new property managers). I haven't spent nearly enough time on thesis work, and have been spending way too much time watching episodes of Gossip Girl (what?!? as if I could focus on anything more serious than GG over the past week) and eating ramen noodles (sadly, my comfort food of choice these days).
One worthy (non-rental-related) thing I did get around to this past week, is a tour of a supervised injection centre in King's Cross (the Cross used to be one of the seedier suburbs of Sydney, but is quickly being gentrified). MSIC (or the Medically Supervised Injecting Centre) has been around since 2001 and during that time they've dealt with about 3,000 overdoses that occurred on site. It's sad to think about what would have happenned to those people if they hadn't had access to MSIC. The tour was fascinating and I found the community's support for the service very inspiring. If you're in the area and you're interested, they run tours for the general public once a month. I highly recommend it.
2 comments:
oh moving just sucks, doesn't it?? all the best!
Please email me your new snail mail addy. Gus' birthday is near.
Post a Comment