One of the things I'm really enjoying about Australian TV right now is MasterChef. Love it! And I love that it's on almost every night of the week, so that you're almost forced to watch it. This also means that just about everyone else in Australia is watching it at the same time too, and everyone's talking about it. I'm not sure I have the right words to describe it, but it's like it's building community through a TV show, which I know sounds pathetic, but I think it's nice.
For those of you not in Australia, Masterchef is a reality TV show involving everyday Joes with a passion for cooking who are battling for the title of Masterchef. But the difference is that it's actually quite nice to watch, probably because there's none of the bitchiness of most other reality TV shows, and everyone is quite decent and supportive towards one another. The other great part is that it's all about good food. Every once in a while, they'll give lessons on some of the basics, and last Sunday, they made scones. mmmmmm, scones. There's lots of scones in Sydney, and they are freakin delicious. I tried out their recipe for date (they love dates in this country) and lemon scones last night and they were as easy to make as in the show and they came out perfectly. Do it! Make them! When they're done, enjoy them with jam, cream and a cuppa and you'll feel just like you're in Sydney (if you're not already in Sydney).
3 comments:
I'm a great fan of Masterchef, I love the interaction between the judges and contestants.
Hi Frances, I can't believe there will be a time when it won't be on!! I'm sad just thinking about it.
I love that show, but the last 2 episodes made me really queasy.
Post a Comment