Gus: When I grow up, my new mom is going to do all the driving.
Me: What?!? What's happening to me? Who's your new mom?
Gus: I can't tell you who my new mom is going to be, because I don't know who I'm going to marry yet.
Me: The person you marry is called your wife, not your new mom.
I'm trying not to dwell too long on how that conversation reflects on Vic and I's relationship. And I shudder to think about the implications for Gus' future girlfriends....
Gus joined the school's rock band and he's learning how to play the drums. He practices for 10 minutes every night, and it's just about the cutest and funniest thing ever. This is a picture of him rocking out to Rush - Tom Sawyer. (If you've noticed that Gus is showing up in pictures without his shirt on more and more, you would be right. We're turning into aussie hillbillies over here. Next week: pictures of Gus and Vic playing banjos on our balcony).
And of course, Rush - playing Tom Sawyer, so it'll be like you were right there with us.
3 comments:
Although I wasn't there, I'm going to sympathise with Vic-o on the traffic issue. Seriously, everyone driving on the wrong side of the road; madness!
That is completely hilarious. I'd better start teaching the boys now that wife does not equal mommy.
Hi Neil: Yeah, I know! I try to keep my driving down to a minimum, and when I do drive I have to say to myself over and over "Stay to the left, stay to the left, stay to the left".
Hey Fl Girl: Yes - definitely teach your boys now! No girlfriend/wife/partner wants to be thought of as "the new mom"!
Post a Comment