Finally, this past Wednesday, the sun poked through the clouds and it slowly started to heat up again. Wednesday afternoon, as I was sitting in the post-grad room with one of the other students, we both started shedding layers (because none of the building are temperature-controlled in any way and when it's really hot outside, it's really hot inside), and we both looked at each other in amazement, "I'm sweating here, are you?". We had forgotten what it felt like!
Today, Sunday, was the first day in almost two weeks where the sun looked like it would come out and stay out, as it's supposed to in Sydney. To celebrate, we went to Nielson Park, a harbour beach that we hadn't been to before. It was so great, everything a beach should be:
- beautiful sandy beach,
- waves weren't too high,
- not too busy,
- a kiosk that had good food and reasonably priced snacks,
- pretty shells and cool rocks, perfect for beachcombing,
- a nice mix of families, young and old people,
- and even shark nets.
Here's some pics from our day. Gus and Vic checking out some "ancient ruins" at Nielson Park.
Vic throwing Gus into the water (see that splash? that's Gus). Not the best picture in the world (I should really dig out the manual for my camera!), but if you look closely, you'll spot the shark nets in the background.
4 comments:
The day that Vic buys himself a speedo is the day that we know you've really 'gone native'.
Those pictures are so great! I'm so jealous that you can get to beaches so easily.
great looking beach, and great shot of the sailboats. I owe Vic extra for getting me a spot on Leo's boat. I really miss going out there with Vic. Let's see how far way is May.....
Ahhhh...paddle pops...how I miss the little things! Men in speedos...not so much! :-)
Post a Comment