Friday, August 8, 2008

Gus' New School


On Thursday, I visited Gus' new school. I was reassured by what I learned about the school. I think Gus will really enjoy it. It's a small school, with all kinds of special learning activities, like Maori culture classes once a week, Spanish lessons and a Dance/Song/Drama program. I think Gus will especially like the drama program. He's a creative kid with a flair for drama! That's him in a picture my sister took last Christmas (I'm still without a camera, so I stole it from her blog!).
I spent this past week ramping up to full-time studies. I'm trying to focus my research aims and key questions, so I spent a lot of time reading other people's research to find out where the gaps are. It felt positively decadent having the time to read through journal articles!

Today (Saturday), I checked out Paddington Markets. Paddington is a swish suburb of Sydney, sorta like the Glebe in Ottawa but fancier. The Markets were full of tempting, nice things that I had to refrain from, now that I no longer have a cush govt job! Instead, I picked up some Tim Tams on my way home and I'm nibbling on them now. mmmm, tim tams.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I got that picture from *your* camera; I think Vic gets the credit. It's a great photo!